The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has created a guideline of 10 steps you can take if you catch COVID-19.
- Stay home except to see your doctor.
- Stay in a separate room from the people and animals in your home.
- Call your doctor before you go to see them.
- Wear a face mask when you are around other people.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or a flexed elbow when you cough or sneeze and remember to safely and promptly discard all used tissues
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and running water.
- Avoid sharing personal household items.
- Clean all surfaces, especially ones that you touch every day.
- Monitor your symptoms and call a doctor or emergency services if you start feeling worse.
- Stay home until your doctor says it’s safe to go out again.
What shouldn’t you do?
The World Health Organization says the following measures are not effective against novel coronavirus 2019 and can harm your progress:
- Wearing many different masks
- Taking antibiotics