Martial arts have many exercise benefits, whether you want to improve your cardiovascular health, lose weight or simply improving your mood, martial arts may be just what you need.
- Improved cardiovascular health: Your cardiovascular system is composed of your heart and the veins and arteries that transport blood. By improving your cardiovascular system you need to participate in activities that stress the heart.
- Weight loss: By participating in one hour of martial arts, you can burn 500 calories so you will be well on your way to great weight loss results.
- Increased muscle tone: Martial arts can increase the amount of muscle mass you have in your body. The more muscle you have the more toned your body will look. The higher your muscle mass, the higher your metabolic demands will be.
- Improved reflexes: You not only improve your reflexes, but you will experience faster reaction times as well.
- Improved mood: Performing martial arts is a good way to relieve stress and frustration and will make you happier.
- Self-discipline: Martial arts focus on self-discipline which will continue throughout your life.
- Set and achieve goals: Most forms of martial arts are based around an accomplishment of colored belts that signify the wearer’s degree of skill. When you strive toward each new belt, you are learning valuable lessons about setting and reaching goals.
List of different martial arts styles:
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- Kung Fu
- Military martial arts
- Mixed martial arts
- Tai Chi
Martial arts are a great physical activity for your child, cot only for boys but for girls too, it has many benefits and it teaches your child self-defense strategies which is something everyone needs today.