Here are five ways you can give yourself the gift of good health this festive season:
- Avoid large gatherings. We know that, with lockdown, you’ve missed seeing your family and friends, but we urge you to avoid large gatherings over the holidays. The less people you see, the lower your chance of catching and spreading the coronavirus. If you do see people, try stay outdoors. Fortunately, South African summers are built for braais.
- Get an immune boost. Ensure you eat a variety of colourful fruits and veggies to bolster your immune system. Add a handful of nuts and seeds daily to help fight illness.
- Stay active. Your immune system will also benefit from regular exercise. Plus, it’s a great way to relieve stress, avoid holiday weight gain and add some structure to your days.
- Keep washing and sanitising your hands regularly. After months and months of enduring the pandemic, many people aren’t as conscientious as they once were about their hand hygiene. We know it can be tedious to sanitise or wash your hands for 20 seconds each time you go to a public place, touch your mask or touch an item or surface that might be touched frequently by other people, but this is the best way to prevent the spread of germs. Perhaps you could make your handwashing routine more festive by singing a 20-second-long song typically sung at this time of year?
- Think ahead. If 2020 has taught us anything, it’s that our health is precious. Make sure that you take care of your and your family’s health by becoming an EssentialMED member if you aren’t one already. You’ll get tailor-made access to quality private healthcare at a price you can afford.
Happy (healthy) holidays from all of us at EssentialMED!