Cucumbers are familiar in the fruits and vegetables sections of most grocery stores. Cucumbers come in a wide variety of colors, sizes, shapes and textures and they may be short, long or even slightly oval in shape. Their skins can be smooth and thin, or thick and rough.
- Cucumbers contain 96% water so they are great to keep you hydrated
- Cucumber sliced over puffy eyes help reduce the puffiness.
- Cucumbers help to stimulate hair growth
- Cucumbers reduce the risk of several cancers
- Relieves bad breath
- Cucumber slices eliminates a foggy mirror
- Eat a few cucumber slices before bed after a night out to avoid a hangover or headache.
- Cucumber can be a remedy for constipation
- Cucumbers are ideal for weight loss
- Cures diabetes
- Controls blood pressure
- Reduces cholesterol
- Relieves grout and arthritis pains
- Promotes joint health
- Fights heat both inside and out
- Flushed out toxins
- Supplies skin friendly minerals
- Keeps kidneys in shape
- Cucumbers relieve heartburn
- Help dissolve kidney stones
- Boosts your energy
Just one cucumber contains Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, folic acid, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc and they contain anti-inflammatory properties and are high in antioxidants.
If you have avegetable garden, grow some cucumbers, the vines are beautiful with sprawling green leaves and curling tendrils and you can have your own crisp fresh cucumbers available at any time.