Water is something that has no taste, but yet everyone loves it. It is the ideal drink to cool you down on a hot summer day.
Approximately 70% of our body’s mass is made up of water and according to doctors, drinking eight glasses of water a day fulfills the necessary requirement of this liquid our bodies demands.
Drinking water regularly suppresses you appetite which in limits your food intake. Water literally contains no calories, which makes it ideal for weight loss.
- Water moisturizes your skin and keeps it fresh and hydrated.
- Drinking enough water can combat skin diseases such as eczema, dry skin, spots and wrinkles.
- Water removes toxins from our body.
- Water relieves headaches and back pain as result from dehydration.
- Regular intake of water increases your metabolism and improves your digestive system.
- By drinking more water it will help fight against flu and prevent kidney stones.
- Water plays a fundamental role in strengthening your immune system.
- Water can reduce the risks of bladder and colon cancer.
- Drinking plenty of water enables your muscles to work harder and longer.
- Drinking plenty of water ensures that your brain gets all the oxygen it needs which can increase your cognitive function.
- Water keeps your joints strong, healthy and lubricated.
- By drinking your 8 glasses a day you will be more alert and able to concentrate.
- Water also increases your energy levels.
So, if you haven’t already, go to the nearest tap and pour yourself a large glass of water; repeat this practice eight times a day for best results!