Benefit of oats
What better way to start your day than with a steaming bowl of fiber-rich oats which will give you strength and lasting energy for the day.
Oats, also known as Avena sativa, is a cereal grain able to withstand poor soil conditions. Oats gain part of their flavor from the roasting process after being harvested and cleaned. Oats are then hulled, this process does not strip away their bran and germ allowing them to keep a their fiber and nutrients.
Oats are an excellent source of manganese and molybdenum. They are also a very good source of phosphorus as well as a good source of copper, biotin, vitamin B1, magnesium, dietary fiber, chromium, zinc, and protein.
- Oats lower cholesterol levels
- Oats are high in antioxidants which can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- It can prevent heart failure
- Cardiovascular benefits for postmenopausal women
- Enhances the immune system
- Stabilizes blood sugar
- Lowers the risk of type 2 diabetes
- Oats is high in fiber which can protect against breast cancer
- Oats can reduce the risk of asthma in children
- Oats help cut the use of laxatives
- Oats increases the appetite-control hormones
- Oats may improve insulin sensitivity
- Add your favorite nuts and fruits to a bowl of oats in the morning
- You can make oats cookies for your children
- You can add oats to the recipe when you make bread or muffins
- Oats can make a great stuffing for poultry
- You can use oats as a facial scrub to exfoliate your skin
- You can add dry oats to your yoghurt and add some fruit for a healthy breakfast
- You can add it your ingredients when making a smoothie
- You can make oatmeal bars for your children as a healthy snack
- Add oats to your cookie recipe
Oats is a healthy and nutrient-rich super-food which gives you lasting energy and keeps you fuller for longer.