Affordable medical health insurance for students
Are you a student looking for some kind of affordable medical and healthcare coverage? Essential Med might be just what you are looking for!
Essential Med is not a traditional medical aid scheme, but an affordable Medical and Health Insurance product. With impressive day-to day benefits and hospital cover, you can’t go wrong!
Hospital Coverage includes:
- Illness hospitalization
- Dread disease hospitalization
- Maternity hospitalization
- Accident hospitalization
- Permanent disability benefits
- Death benefits
Day-to-Day benefits include:
- Unlimited GP visits
- Partial cover for after-hour or out-of-network consultations
- Unlimited routine maternity check-ups, medication and tests
- Unlimited prescribed and acute medications
- Unlimited chronic medication upon successful registration and approval
- Basic dentistry
- Eye test and free lenses, contact lenses and frames every 24 months
- Unlimited referred X-rays and blood tests
Essence and Reality benefits:
- Emergency services
- Advisory services (health, auto, home, legal and funeral assist)
- Up to 20% discount at Planet fitness or Virgin Active
- Discount at any reality shop
- 2 X 2D movie codes for R30
- Buy any 2 DVD’s for R99
Essential Med has over 3000 network-registered healthcare professionals. When subscribing to Essential Med, visit the Essential 1 Doctor website to determine whether your current GP is registered on the network.
Benefits are effective only 30 days after inception, but do take note that optometry had a waiting period of 12 months and chronic medication a waiting period of 6 months.
You can choose from different Policy options depending on your needs. Starting from as little as R322 per month, Essential Med had the right cover just for you, and conveniently it is very affordable!